Recipe: 20cm (8”) tart tin with removable bottom
60g desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp. raw cacao nib
2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp. (30ml) melted raw cacao butter or coconut oil
3 Tbsp. (45ml) maple syrup
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp pink salt
Lemon vanilla cheesecake filling:
120g raw cashews (soaked 4-6 hours and rinsed)
1/2 cup (120ml) coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
4 Tbsp. (60ml) melted raw cacao butter
3-5 Tbsp. maple syrup
2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla paste
1/8 tsp turmeric (for colour, optional)
Pinch of pink salt
Coconut whipped cream:
1 can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
1-2 Tbsp. powdered sugar or your choice of sweetener
Your choice of fruit (figs, raspberries, or cherries are good)
1. Chill the coconut cream can in a fridge for at least 24 hours.
2. Pulse every ingredient for the crust until well processed but still slightly crumbly. Press the mixture into the tin.
3. In a high speed blender place every ingredient for the filling and blend well until smooth. Layer the filling above the crust. Cool it in the freezer until set.
4. Open the chilled coconut cream can and scoop out the solidified cream on top in a bowl. Adds your choice of sweetener to the same bowl. Beat the cream with an electric hand mixer until it turns to a thick whipped cream.
5. Take out the cake from the freezer and remove it from the tin. Spread the whipped coconut cream on top. Garnish with your choice of fruit, chopped dark chocolate & pistachio.