(For 8’’ pie tin)
6x medjoul dates
70g mixed nuts
70g hazelnuts (I’m loving this in the crust)
60g Rolled oats
2x tbsp cocoa powder
2x tbsp coconut oil
0.5x tsp cinnamon powder
2x tbsp taro powder
1x tin of full fat coconut milk
1x tsp golden syrup
1x tsp Agar (gelatine if you’re not doing vegan)
1. Use a blender or food processor to blend mixed nuts, hazelnuts, dates,
cocoa powder and oats.
2. Melt coconut oil and mix in.
3. Press mix into pie tin
4. Heat coconut milk to a simmer
5. Add in golden syrup.
6. Keep stirring on a low heat whilst gradually adding the taro powder.
7. Gradually add in the agar or gelatine, stir continuously to ensure it melts.
8. Pour into the pie crust and chill overnight.