– for an 8” pie tin
7x medjool dates
75g mixed nuts (or nut of preference)
50g rolled oats
2x tbsp cocoa powder
2x tbsp dessicated coconut
2x tbsp coconut oil
3x limes (zest and juice)
1x can of full fat coconut milk
1x tsp golden syrup
0.5 tsp vanilla bean extract
1.5x tsp agar (gelatine if you’re not doing vegan)
1-2 tbsp matcha powder (depends how matcha you like it)
1. Mix cocoa powder, oats, mixed nuts, desiccated coconut and dates in a food processor. (A blender works well too)
2. Melt the coconut oil and pour in in to mix until combined.
3. Use hands or spoons to press mix into your baking tin
4. In a saucepan, heat coconut cream, lime zest and juice, golden syrup, vanilla and matcha until warm. Do not boil.
5. Add in the agar or gelatine and mix until dissolved.
6. Pour the mixture into your pie crust then chill it in the fridge overnight.
7. Seeeeerrrvvvvee. I’ve decorated mine with dark chocolate, mint, limes and matcha coconut cream.