– 600g of all-purpose flour
– 15g of dry active yeast
– 250ml of non-dairy milk (e.g., almond, soy, or oat milk)
– 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons of water, let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens)
– 100g of vegan sugar
– A pinch of salt
– 7-8 apples, grated
– 5 tablespoons of vegan sugar
– Pinch of cinnamon
– A handful of pine nuts
– A handful of raisins
**FOR THE DOUGH:**
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt.
2. In a separate bowl, dissolve the dry active yeast in warm non-dairy milk with a pinch of sugar. Let it sit for a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
3. Mix the flax eggs into the yeast mixture.
4. Gradually pour the yeast mixture into the flour, kneading until the dough becomes elastic and easy to work with. This might take about 4-5 minutes.
**FOR THE FILLING:**
5. In a separate bowl, mix the grated apples with vegan sugar, a pinch of cinnamon, pine nuts, and raisins. Refrigerate the mixture while the dough is rising.
**ASSEMBLY AND BAKING:**
6. Let the dough rise for about 2 hours.
7. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces.
8. Roll each piece into a thin rectangle, and brush with a little vegetable oil.
9. Spread the apple filling over each rectangle.
10. Roll up each rectangle, forming a log.
11. Arrange two of the logs next to each other, joining them together to form a round cake.
12. Place the cake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
13. Let the cake rise for another 20 minutes.
14. Preheat your oven to 170°C (340°F).
15. Brush the top of the cake with a mixture of non-dairy milk and a pinch of cinnamon, and sprinkle with almond flakes.
16. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cake is golden brown.
17. Once it’s done, allow it to cool.
18. Dust the cooled cake with vegan confectioners’ sugar.