1 tbsp flaxseed meal
3 tbsp water
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 scoop protein powder (we used @macr0mike peanut butter cheesecake protein powder)
3 large ripe bananas about 1 1/2 cups mashed
1/3 cup coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat your oven to 170°C (350°F). Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flax seed meal and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, desiccated coconut, and protein powder. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted coconut oil and stir until combined. Add in the maple syrup, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how moist u want it or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some crumbs on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter on the toothpick.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack. Cut into slices and serve.
8. Note-the bread will keep on the counter, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 4 days. This bread also freezes well. To freeze, cool the bread completely and wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before slicing.